International Executive Pastry Chef Consultant | Author & Expert Consultant BBC2 “BAKE OFF” Creme de la Crème | UK Pastry Team President 2011-2017 | Patissier | Chocolatier.
Autobiography & Career
Autobiography & Career Highlights
Martin Chiffers International Executive Pastry Chef Consultant
Best Seller BBC Crème de La Crème recipe book.
Expert Consultant for BBC TV Show Bake Off Creme de La Creme, Series 1 &2. Supporting the format and conducting the candidate Interviews, kitchen planning design, equipment and ingredient selection, editorial, pastry and display samples, pastry heroes, and live filmed works for the TV Show, working on each episode, including a special filming for Intro to the series and main theme intro.
CHIFFERS is a very experienced Executive Pastry Chef and International Pastry Consultant who has been working in the hospitality industry for over 35 years at some of World’s most famous hotels & largest F&B operations in London, Singapore, Korea and Dubai. Working in Asia and the Middle East for 12 years Martin gained a wealth of experience of foreign cuisines, regional patisserie & trends from the different countries & also the promotions have conducted.
Organising very large Pastry kitchens & looking after the various in-house & offsite bakeries & Deli shops, producing all products in house, including vast amounts of Asian & Artisan Breads has given him a great business sense when increasing revenues .
Chef Chiffers, repertoire of desserts & pastries encompasses all aspects from breads to chocolate pralines & fine dining desserts. With his forte in the culinary art of cooked & pulled sugar & chocolate Showpieces, he has earned numerous gold medals at several prestigious international culinary competitions in The UK, France, Switzerland, The United States, Singapore, Dubai & the Culinary Olympics – Luxembourg.
Awarded Winner of The Caterer Awards Middle East Pastry Chef of the Year 2010 & 6 years President of the UK Pastry Team Coupe du Monde since 2011-2017
Martin Chiffers and his team won the European Pastry Cup Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie twice in 2012 & 2014 held in Paris & Geneva with best sugar & chocolate piece & highest points in all categories consecutively.
Ranked 9th, 6th and 8th and 5th in the World 2013/2015/2017/ with best sugar in 2017 Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie Final, Martin has gain a reputation for leading his teams to achieve the most victorious results & numerous accolades in the pastry culinary field.
In 2018 Martin was President of Honour at the European Cup In Italy and supported and coached to UK team who ranked 5th Place at the World Pastry Cup with Best Sugar Prize.
Coach for Team Chile & Hans Ovando the Winners of the Copa Maya in Mexico 2018 and also Norways Best Chocolate Showpiece at the Nordic Cup 2018. He also coached Team India for the Asian Pastry cup at the same time who Ranked 5th Place in Singapore.
In 2017 Martin was awarded Best Showpiece at The UK World Chocolate Master for his (AI) themed Chocolate Showpiece the beautiful robotic Artificial Intelligence Sculpture of #Shushan of future The Futropolis.
In 2018 Martin also Coached Barry Johnson to 8th Place at The World Chocolate Masters in Paris and was coach for Ruth Hinks UK World Chocolate Master 2013, & was able to coach Ruth to a top 5 position in at The World Chocolate Masters held in Paris October 2013 the highest ever position for The UK.
A renowned International judge & judge for Afternoon Tea UK, Active Coach and Demonstrator & International Pastry Consultant for local & international Chefs, Restaurants, Hotels, Shops and other food and chocolate businesses around the World.
What I do now.
Available for : Masterclasses, Demonstrations, Coaching, Training, Team Building, Bespoke Creations & Chocolate Sculpture, Judging, Speaking, Openings, Menu Creation, Food Photography, Collaborations, Partnerships, Branding, Recipe Testing & Development.
Academy & Schools
- The Chocolate Academy UK & Dubai
- Bee Chef Barcelona
- Fully Baked Story Bangkok
- Bake & Artisan Jakarta
- L’Atelier By Eustralis Australia
- Academy Pastry Arts Malaysia / India
- Pastry Academy Bulgaria
- Chef Workshop Consulting Pro Greece
- Pfersich Trend Forum Germany
- The Galley Gang Palma/ Antibes
- The Taste Lab London
- Island larder Shetlands
- Including : Saudi Arabia, Albania, Laos, Vietnam, Sweden, Norway, Macedonia & Serbia.
Achievements & Work:
- Support Coach UK Pastry Team Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie Lyon Rank 5th Place, Best Sugar Showpiece award 2019
- Coach UK World Chocolate Masters Candidate Paris. Winner Best Travel Cake 8th Place in the World 2018
- President of Honour at The European Pastry Cup -Torino, Italy 2018
- Coach for Team Chile Hans Ovando Cope Maya – Mexico and Winners of the Copa Maya. 2018
- Coach Team India Asia Pastry Cup Singapore 5th Place 2018
- Coach President UK Ranked 5th in the world Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie Lyon 2017
- Best Showpiece UK World Chocolate Masters 2017
- Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie Lyon Ranked 8th Place 2017
- JAPAN ,Sold Own Brand Valentines Chocolates Nagoya / Yokohama, Osaka, Tokyo, Shinjuku ,Takashimaya , Hankyu, Isetan and Mitsukoshi Department stores Feb 2015
- UK President / Coach UK Team Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie Lyon. 6th Place, Top 7 and highest ever for the UK. January 2015
- JAPAN ,Sold own CHIFFERS Brand Scones at Hankyu British Fair Japan, Hakata/ Osaka October 2014
- JAPAN ,Sold Own Brand Valentines Chocolates Nagoya / Yokohama, Osaka, Tokyo, Nihonbashi ,Takashimaya , Hankyu and Mitsukoshi Department stores Feb 2014
- Celebrity Judge Demonstrator The World Pasty Championships Eden Project Cornwall March 2013/2014
- Only UK Pastry Chef to Win the European Pastry Cup Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie, twice consecutively with best sugar & chocolate piece and highest points in all categories 2012 & 2014
- UK President and Winners European Pastry Cup Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie Geneva. Jan 2014
- JAPAN : Sold Own Brand Valentines Chocolates Nagoya / Hiroshima Takashimaya and Mitsukoshi Tokyo Departments Feb 2013
- UK President Judge UK Team Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie Lyon. 9th Place January 2013
- JAPAN ,Opening Own Brand Cake Shop Mitsukoshi Department Store Ginza Tokyo Japan November 21st – 2012
- UK President Coach and Winners European Pastry Cup Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie March 2012
- Best Sugar Show Piece – Team UK March 2012
- Best Chocolate Show Piece – Team UK March 2012
- Best Tasting – Team UK March 2012
- Elected: President UK Pastry Team Coupe du Monde October 2011
- Winner of The Caterer Awards Middle East Pastry Chef of the Year 2010 October 2010
- Gold Award – Sugar Showpiece, FHA 2004 Culinary Challenge Singapore April 2004
- Gold Awards – FHA Culinary Challenge Singapore, Best Culinary Establishment
(Highest Points in 3 Separate Categories) April 2004
- Bronze Award – Culinary Olympics Luxembourg (3rd place overall Culinary World Cup) Nov 2003
- Silver Award – Culinary Olympics Luxembourg for the Culinary World Cup. Singapore Team Buffet Nov 2003
- Finalist MOGB – Meilleur Ouvrier de Grande Bretagne, Hotel Patisserie, Academie Culinaire de France Feb 1997
- Silver Award – Works in Cooked Sugar, Hotelyimpia Feb 1996
- Most Outstanding Craftsman – International Banquet Competition, Limerick, Ireland Sep 1995
- Silver Award – International Banquet Competition, Limerick, Ireland Sep 1995
- Gold Award – International Banquet Competition, Limoges, France Oct 1994
- Silver Award – Petit Fours – Epicurean World Master Chefs Society E.W.M.C.S. Sep 1994
- Bronze Award – Works in Cooked Sugar world of Hospitality Jan 1994
- Gold Award – Team Buffet, International Banquet Competition, Dallas, Texas Aug 1993
- Gold Award – International Banquet Competition, Dallas, Texas Aug 1993
- Silver Award -Young Patissier Of The Year – Dame Shirley Porter DBE.DL June 1993
- Silver Award – Works in Cooked Sugar Hotelyimpia Jan 1992
- Gold Award – Works in Cooked Sugar C.F.A Oct 1991
- Excellence Award Winner – Hyatt Carlton Tower Mar 1991
- Annual Award Of Excellence – Academie Culinaire de France Feb 1991
- Brida Challenge Trophy – C.C.F.H.E. May 1986
Various Promotions with, Gordon Ramsay, Michel Troisgros, Alain Ducasse, Jacques & Laurent Pourcel, Frederic Bau, Jean Claude Vrinat & Joel Robuchon, Marc Veyrat, Marc Haeberlin, Bernard Guilhaudin, Pierre Wynats, Heinz Winkler, Georges Blanc, Alain Passard, Kiyomi Mikuni, Michel Trama, Dawn Sieber, Dietmare Sawyere, Alan Wong, Russell Siu, Eiichi Takahashi, Christine Mansfield, Todd English, Mexican-Rosario Traeger, Pascal Molines and Paul Bocuse, Alan Koh, David LeFevre, Ercole Musso, Lars Boehme, Gerald Vignat, Gaetano Trovato, Damon McGinniss, Daniel Chambon, Antonio Fallini, Pilar Rodriguez, Stephane Glacier, James Martin.
Other Culinary Promotions & Events, Austrian, German, Regional French, Italian, Middle Eastern, Swedish, Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Valrhona Chocolate, Guam, German Bread, French Bread, Turkish.